Re: My feet are baking 2

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My feet are baking 2
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:46:27 -0700
So, it seems there are a few things to check. FYI, this has been a problem
since I bought the car. I just thought it was me. Now that I'm in a warmer
climate, it seems much worse.

Kate, Kent, Crash: I don't know if the vents are open. I didn't know there
were vents that I could open or close. I do have a knob (that is stuck) on
the dash for the blower, but will pull out my manuals and see where I'd look
for the vent levers, and the gearbox rubber grommet. I do know I'm missing a
hose that runs the heat up to the windshield vent (defrost I'm guessing).
I'm going to find it now.

David C: I thought I had seen a note last year about leaving the heater
valve open, so that is why I have, so far. It was probably Chuck C's note I
had seen.

Cap'n Bob: As for where the heat is -- next to the tunnel. On the LHD
driver's side at the gas pedal and also on the inside passenger's. It is
much cooler the closer your feet are to the outside edge of the car. Is
"pax" side, the passenger side? Also, no real heat from the shifter. I
replaced the rubber last fall. It was actually nice and warm on my arm when
there was a hole -- used to go right up the sleeve.

Chuck C: I'm interested in trying your bypass, hopefully by this weekend.

Brent: it is still warm at rest, but unbearable when moving faster. Seems
like I can't get the hot air out quick enough. Even with the top down, it
didn't help.

And if it isn't a small spridget world, my neighbor dropped by yesterday to
say hello. He said he'd been checking out my Sprite. It reminded him of the
Mk 2 he had in high school. He offered me use of his metric tools and an
extra set of hands if I need them. I have a feeling I'll be taking him up on
both.

I'm hoping to take the car up to the Dixon show this weekend so I better get
working on reducing the heat.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll drop a note as I find out what silly
things I've missed.

--
Alix
San Jose