Re: Calipers again...

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Calipers again...
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:06:36 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/03 9:52:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

> I also HIGHLY recommend removing the bleed screw
> and using a bit of old speedometer cable or throttle cable that is frayed
> and inserted into a cordless drill, clean the passages thoroughly. (works
> best if the drill direction is trying to un-wrap the cable) You can insert
> the cable through the line hole, bleed hole, and from the piston cavity
> ends of the holes. Quite effective.

Now THERE's a kewl idea!  First I have heard of doing it.  I think Peter
should receive a T-shirt or somethin' for the best DIY idea this month.  Maybe
"My Other Car is a Spridget" bumper sticker.  (I may have an extra one.)

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)