Re: Selling????

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com ("David Lieb"), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling????
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:04:34 -0400
In a message dated 7/17/2003 6:27:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, "David Lieb"
<dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> writes:

>Chris,
>The problem with the M Roadster is that it looks so much like the Z3 to us
>uncultivated MG boors that we can't figure out why that wimpy little thing
>is smoking us at the autocrossuntil you sit there with the bonnet up. One of
>these showed up at the Miata club autocross last Sunday; there had been a Z3
>the month before, so I assumed it was the same car. The Z3 had not been very
>fast, the M was within half a second of FTD. I am not a particularly good
>autocross driver, but my GTI and I felt much better when I found out that it
>was NOT a Z3....
>David Lieb

David:

Yes, most folks think it's just a Z3, but, kinda like in the LBCs, some people
don't know what it is at all.  A guy came up next to me a few weeks ago in a
big Ford pickup and said, "I've never heard of an M.  Is that the name of a car
company?"

Spotters tip: if it looks like a Z3 but it has 9" wide rear wheels that don't
stick out of the bodywork, it's an M.

Also, my old 95 GTI VR6 (A3) was a terrible car for autocrossing!  Sure hope
you're running an A1 or A2 Golf instead!

--
Chris Eck
59 Bugeye