Re: Hypothetical Question

To: pilotrob@webtv.net (robert e. shlafer), dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com (david lieb), macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu (larry b. macy, ph.d.), spridgets@autox.team.net (spridgets)
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:01:46 -0400 FILETIME=[9D670060:01C35ACB] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h74L3N24007807
Somewhere,  I have a technical brief on my RWD 300ZX.  The towing
instructions, if remembered correctly, were to tow the vehicle backwards
(lifting the rear end), with the key in the ignition to release the
steering lock, and tying the steering wheel to prevent turning.

I seem to remember this being accomplished once by taking a rope, tying it
to the steering wheel, and closing the other end in the door.  I was
uncomfortable with this arrangement at the time, but the driver assured me
it was OK.  We made it about 20 miles without incident.

Mike
'87 300ZX no longer...
'78 MG