RE: part # BMH8021

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: RE: part # BMH8021
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:53:59 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,
I can assure you that, although TRF started nearly 30 years ago almost
literally out of Charles Runyan's kitchen, they have come a LONG way since
that time.  I've been in their warehouse many times (as recently as 10 days
ago) and I can assure you that they keep plenty of parts in stock.  There
are times when they may be out of something, due to higher than anticipated
demand, delays by suppliers, or, when the economy sucks, not being able to
carry a large inventory due to a tight cash supply.
In Jame's case, I suspect it wasn't that TRF chose not to tell him about the
part not being in stock, but, rather James failing to ask them, at the time
he placed his order, if the parts were in stock.  My experience has been
that, if I've ordered a part that wasn't in stock, they report the status of
the part (back-ordered, approximate expected delivery, no longer available,
etc.) on the shipping invoice that is placed in the box with the other parts
I ordered at the same time.  If I've ordered only one part and they don't
have it, they send written notice and offer to either refund my money or, if
I wish, to back-order the part for me.  If I need something immediately, I
phone the order in and confirm the availability of the part at that time.
If they don't have it, they can be trusted to tell me that they don't.
Bud Osbourne