RE: Welder choice

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welder choice
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:41:12 -0400
Ron,
Interesting.  Apparently, welders in your part of the country finally priced
themselves out of business.  I remember 30 years ago, in the Chicago area,
there were three or four prominent shipyards.  After a steady run-up in
price, with a corresponding slide in quality, they had no customers left and
were forced to close (I think there's only one left, of any consequence,
now).  In other parts of the country, welding jobs are plentiful and vo-tech
schools offer welding courses.  Hey, maybe you and David need to move to
Pittsburgh, or something, and I'll hook you up with a good welding course,
for under $200.00, with evening classes.
Bud Osbourne