Help: oil pouring through the dipstick

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help: oil pouring through the dipstick
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:25:32 -0400
Hello,

I just bought a 78 Midget, and I have an oil problem.

Basically, when the engine stats reving (2000rpm and above), the oil is
pushed through the dipstick hole :-)
I had a look at the breather from the top of the crankcase to the carburator
(an aftermarket webber), and it look ok.

My next step is going to be an oil change (who knows...) and I am then
planning to try to run the car with the filler cap off (with a bottole above
or something like that to see if things get better if I increase the
breathing potential in the top of the engine.

If this does not work, does anyone have any idea of what the problem might
be (oil pump, oil ressure release valve...)

Thanks, for your help, cyrille