RE: Help: oil pouring through the dipstick

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Help: oil pouring through the dipstick
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:24:01 -0400 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8IFUT3B018280
Hello,

Thank you all verry much for your help.
In my car, the breather is connected to the webber carb through a hose later
connected to a plastic 900 elbow connector that screws in the webber carb.

I disconected the breather hose and sudently, the car seamed to work OK (ie:
no oil going away). I reconnected, and oil is going away.
I then proceeded to check the hose (was ok) and the 900 elbow. It looked
like is was cloged or restricted, but I could not really tell. Anyway, I
used a drill and cleaned the thing, replugged everything and it works!

Now, my question (or worry) is:
- Was that a real clog or a restrictor there on purpose?
- Is it normal for the top of the engine to expell so much gaz (I smelled
it, and it did not smell like combustion gaz, so I do not think that it is a
blow by, but I will still do a compression tests to see)?
- Did I fix the root cause or did I just hide the problem?

Have a good day, you all won an extra 10 Karma point, Cyrille