Re: Why is it?

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why is it?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:50:37 -0700
Regarding the exploding coil, we had that happen two years ago on the
trip from Washington (the state) to Tahoe, Nevada for Rendezvous 2002.
I have excerpted a section from the trip report below.

The second day included a tour around Crater Lake.  While climbing toward the
6200-foot rim Dougs Sprite abruptly pulled to the shoulder.  The Lucas sport
coil had exploded, shooting the head into the engine compartment and spraying
hot, stinky coil oil everywhere.

It was a mess to clean up, but we replaced the coil with a spare Lucas Sport
coil and had no coil problems for rest of the trip.

Walt
Olympia, WA
AN5L-39648