Re: Go fast suspension set up

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: Go fast suspension set up
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:08:09 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mark
  I don't have experience with 1/4 elliptics. But I DO have a modified
suspension and I live in Colorado. I don't think you need to remove
leafs.  I don't think that the heavier front springs will force enough
understeer to bother you. On my Midget  the understeer ( or I should
say less oversteer) is letting me drift it more before spinning, a good
thing on the track as spins tend to slow you down.
Where in Colorado are you? Maybe I could meet you at SCR for a test and
tune day and you could see If you like my set-up. I still need a panard
bar , Peter C shocks and a stiffer front sway bar and it gets too
tight, I'll mess with a rear sway bar.
My Set-up:
Yoko A008s
540 pound front springs
poly bushings
offset trunion bushings
New  rear springs
11/4" rear lowering blocks
front roller bearings
70 w oil in the lever shocks
Locked 4:11 rear end
And shims to bring my corner cross weights within 1 %
My car is too low for the street but you could be streetable with less
lowering.
--
Jay Shaffer
  Was ITC #66 now Solo DP#66