Re: Ban Doctors! NO LBC...Gun Content!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ban Doctors! NO LBC...Gun Content!
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:24:27 -0500
> Perhaps the subject of guns doesn't belong on the spridget list.  Politics
> divides friends over things they feel deeply about.  That seems
unnecessary.

This post contains opinions. Please read them without taking offense. If you
are unable or unwilling to set aside your desire to take offense at this
post, please delete it now.

Sandy! That is heresy. We need to accept that people are different. We
happen to have a common interest in Spridgets, but we are different people.
I do not own any guns at this time, but, IMHO, the right to bear arms
equates to the right of revolution which is the final level of
accountability of government. That is how this country came to be in the
first place.
I can accept that guns are not for everyone and I am not about to recommend
the Kennesaw,GA approach of requiring able-bodied adult men to carry a gun
(a law they passed in response to Oak Park, IL banning handguns back in the
late 70s, but never enforced).
If, however, you wish to restrict my ability to air my opinions on anything
other than Spridgets, I will take offense. My opinions, right or wrong, are
a vital part of who I am and I don't like my personhood to be taken away. As
my old Hebrew teacher used to say, "We can still be friends." A friendship
that can accept the fact that we do not agree on everything is much stronger
than a friendship that exists only so long as we turn a blind eye to all
topics that we do not agree upon. This topic was clearly labeled as having
gun content and you were free to excercise your right to the delete key
without even bothering to read something likely to offend you, but you chose
to read it, to enter into the discussion, and to apparently take offense
that we did not all immediately agree with you. Smile, relax, drive your
Spridget around the block and change your subscription to Spridgets-Mod so
you don't get any more gun posts, it is specifically for people who do not
have a life and do not wish to ;-) Or else just agree to disagree.
Traffic accidents kill and injure a lot more people every year than gun
accidents do, but please don't ban my Midget.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with