Re: Miata-No LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata-No LBC
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:31:21 -0400
Mike,

My guess of your coolant problem is this: since you had a leak
in the system (the loose clamp), air entered the system.  It may
take a while for the system to bleed that air out of the system,
as it goes through a few heat-it-up/cool-it-down cycles.

But that is just an educated guess.  You might better find your
answer on the Miata list.  Would you mind if I forwarded this
to them? Or you can ask them yourself.

And I highly recommend Rod Grainger's book, "Mazda Miata
1.6 Liter Enthusiast's Shop Manual". It's available at from the
vendors on Miata.net, or from Amazon.com.

Regards,
Kent
'56 100 BN2
'93 Miata black-and-tan

You wrote:
> I changed the radiator cap because of an article on a Miata web site
> that said "if you hear a sound like a coffee percolator after shut
down,
> then the rad cap is weak.  Sounded good to me, so I replaced it.
Well,