Re: CA plate changes

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@unc.edu>
Subject: Re: CA plate changes
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:25:10 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,

Black plates can be fitted to a car if you can find/buy a set that
have the same year registration as the vehicle you want to fit was
first registered.  Back them the plate was stamped with the year or
the was a metal tag attached. I'm pretty sure you must have both
plates and there are probably a couple other requirements you need to
satisfy for the DMV, but that is the basic requirement.

I think the crossover year to black was late 50's but I'm not sure of
the exact year.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb