RE: First impressions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First impressions
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:56:43 -0700
Can't remember if all questions have been answered...

Antony wrote: "I intend to replace discs, pads, shoes at a minimum." Besides
adding steel braided brake lines if you can - Performance street pads such
as Hawk Blacks can make a big difference in braking efficiency, working well
from cold temperatures, and without being as harsh on the rotors as full
race pads.

Antony also wrote: "The car doesn't have an unleaded head.  This doesn't
particularly
bother me." Righto. I am running a Lotus Twin Cam engine with an "leaded gas
head". I use the best street gas possible (here 91 RON unleaded). I don't
use additives (possibility of damage to seals), and I don't use racing gas
either.

Antony also wrote: "What's the correct tyre pressures?" Try 22-24 psi cold.
If the car has stock wheels/tires, you should find this info in any manual.

Antony wrote: "What grade engine oil?" I would use 20-50 GTX or similar.

Antony wrote: " Also, what types of diff / gearbox oil should I use?" SAE 90
for a Triumph gearbox and axle.

Spridgeteers, have a great weekend!

Jacques Le Clainche in San Diego
http://www.leclainche.com/