RE: First impressions

To: "Antony Gelberg" <antony@antgel.co.uk>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First impressions
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:47:44 -0400
> Hi all,
>
> Well, I've just driven the 40 miles home in one piece.  I obviously have
> a million questions and thoughts - so please bear with me...
>
> o The brakes are non-existent.  I knocked a bit off the price because of
> this.  I intend to replace discs, pads, shoes at a minimum.  While I'm
> in the area, should I replace the drums and rubber hoses?  This actually
> nearly resulted in a crash on my test drive.  Came up to a T junction
> and for a split-second, I _really_ thought I was going straight into the
> wall in front.

If this were my car, I would start by completely rebuilding the brakes and
that includes the wheel cylinders and calipers.  When you get right down to
it there is nothing more important than the brakes.  The drums may be
serviceable if they are turned.  The mechanic will be able to tell you if
there is enough "meat" left for this.

> o The brake pedal seems very high.  Easily adjustable?

I believe it should be this way.

Sandy Brown