Re: First impressions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First impressions
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:20:52 +0100
Thanks everyone for your incredibly detailed and helpful answers.
The handling has been noticably improved by virtue of getting the tyres at
the correct pressure.  I took the car to Protyre in Enfield (great place,
very knowledgable and don't use an air wrench) to get a new rear-right.

Not only did the old POS have an inner tube in (eek!), but all of the
tyres were inflated to well over 30, one was actually at 40.  Handling
is (unsurprisingly) much better, although this doesn't mean I won't be
looking at the suspension in due course...

Funnily enough, my old 318is had tyre that should have been inflated to
over 30, and were all around 20.  Worrying stuff.

The oil level is good, but dirty, so I'm gonna change it.  Also, I plan
to drain and refill the coolant.  How much of each should it hold?
(It's a 1500.)  What's the part numbers for the oil and air filters
(going to get them from Moss - is that a good idea, UK people?)?

Any gotchas on the above procedures (e.g. washers to be replaced not
reused)?

Again, sorry for the easy questions, but my manuals are in the post...
:)