Car does not start

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Car does not start
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:38:01 -0700
Hello,

Well, I keep having problems with my 78 Midget...

This time, the car does not want to start...

It cranks up, but the engine does not start combusting...
It looks like it's flooding (but I am not sure).
I believe that the carb (a webber) is tuned correctly (I tuned it last time
I managed to start the car).

I have a fuel pump installed on the car (might it be that it pushes too much
fuel toward the carb?)...

The rare times I managed to start the darn thing, it was after some time
sitting (like a day), and I put the choke, depressed the clutch and
accelerator and turned the ignition key all the way.

When I have done anything else (like turn to ignition, wait and then go to
start (ie: let the fuel pump pump some gas)) I was not successful...

Anyone has an idea of what can be wrong?
Is there any setting on the carb to limit the incoming fuel pressure?
Is there anything to make it not flood?

I am lost, I have exhausted the amount of my (weak) mechanical knowledge :-(

Thanks, cyrille