Re: Car does not start

To: larryrex <larryrex@awesomenet.net>
Subject: Re: Car does not start
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:17:32 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, "DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE" <cyrille@hp.com>
cyrille,

First, (I'm not familiar with which Weber you have on the car), but it sounds
like a flooding problem.  Either too much fuel pressure and the fuel is pushing
past a closed float, or the float is sticking in the open position.  If you are
sure the carb is functioning properly then you more than likely need a pressure
regulator. The best type to get would be a diaphram type, I think Holley makes
a low pressure regulator that you can "dial down" to 1.5 or 2 lbs pressure.
Check the stats for your carb to see what pressure you need.

Kevin V.