Double-Bearing Rear Hubs

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Double-Bearing Rear Hubs
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:26:47 -0500
As long as I am re-doing this disk-wheel rear end to replace my wire wheels,
I am trying to make sure I get it pretty close to "right" the first time. I
have gotten the impression that a car that is going to see some autocross
action should probably go to the double-bearing rear hub setup. I would
rather do that now rather than after half-shafts start to break. It would
probably also be a great opportunity to go to 7/16" studs and maybe even go
to a 4x100 pattern to get a better choice of rims.

Now for the questions.
Who makes a good double-bearing conversion?
Is this a machine shop job?
What is the correct offset for the Spridget?
What else should I be doing to it?

David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
2002 GTI for Trish to beat me at autocross with