No LBC- Test drives

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: No LBC- Test drives
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:55:25 -0800
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Hi All.

I haven't had much time to write, but I wanted to share a driving
experience I had last week.

As most of you know I recently started a job selling new Volvo, Audi,
Mazda and Audi cars. I've been out for some neighborhood romps in the
Audi TT and the Mazda RX8, both of which are a gas to drive, but I
had the rare opportunity to get a test track training from Volvo last
week.

They rented out a large section of tarmac  at Alameda Naval Air
Station and set up two coned off test tracks. One was for the XC90
AWD (Volvo's new SUV) and the S80 sedan, also with All Wheel Drive.
After getting a lap on the course with professional drivers, we were
each given a chance behind the wheel to imitate the exceptional
maneuvers. Lots of S curves and chicanes and even a couple "moose
tests". The sedan test drive was also on wet and dry pavement and all
maneuvers were done with the pedal to the floor. I even got to try
out the ABS system in a panic stop from about 70 MPH. It was a chance
to drive the way we all would like to... or as Frank would say, "like
we stole it". I can tell you that the Rollover/Stability Traction
Control systems work like a charm as the moves I made would have
either rolled or spun any ordinary vehicle. What a blast!

Gerard