Re: Jerk

To: Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Jerk
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:29:42 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Antony Gelberg wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>My Midget 1500 has developed a strange jerkiness.  It's hard to put into
>words, but I'll try.  When moving along, there are random, intermittent
>jerks.  Each one lasts a split second, and is really quite violent in
>that the car slows.

My guess is electrical.  See if you can find a leak in one of the spark
plug wires.  Ground a long metal screwdriver to the block and then rub
it along the spark plug wire and see if you get rough running.  If so,
replace the wires. Also check the dizzy cap for carbon traces.

Gilroy

________
"You woudn't recognise irony if you were sodomised with a hunk of
rebar." - Bob King