Re: Fifty Finale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fifty Finale
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:27:43 -0600
> Since everyone has come up with things they'd like Rick to change for the
> next meet, I really wish he could do something about the weather.  BTW, I
dispute
> David Lieb's claim to long distance award.  With my 4:55 diff, competition
> exhaust, and hardtop with side windows up, it sure seemed like I drove a
lot
> further than 500 miles.

My calculations say that your 500 miles with your 4.55:1 diff still did
fewer engine revolutions than me with 743 miles on my 3.90:1 diff ;-) You
have a good point, however, with the competition exhaust, etc. Don't you get
a bit claustrophobic with the hardtop AND side curtains? I did the first 200
miles with my top up both ways, but it was top down for the rest of the
trip. BTW, I am running the front pipe of a 1275 exhaust with a 1098 rear
muffler, so I am not that quiet either. I will admit that the 72 Midget is a
much more comfortable car for a long haul than a Bugeye ... I think of it as
a car that you wear rather than a car that you get into and out of. I find
that it fits me quite well and I have no problems with long drives.
David Lieb