trying to figure a fair price

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: trying to figure a fair price
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:08:13 -0500
Hey listers

I looked at AN5L / 38239 today.  My car is 8524 and is a 1959, so 38239 must
be a late 1960?  The trim around the cockpit was not aluminum like mine, but
looked like vinyl (perhaps not original.)  Of course the guy said he was told
it was a 1957!  The badging on the engine was different from mine, which says
"AUSTIN."  It looked like there were two metal plates on the valve cover
(illegible.)  The car is a rust bucket, but it is unmolested and straight.  It
has the original radio in it, but the floorboards were gone.  Anyway, the guy
said he would teach me to weld if I was interested (which I am) and the bugeye
might make a good piece to practice sheetmetal repair on if the price is
good.

How do I determine what engine this car has?  I'm sure that is in some of my
literature somewhere.

I'll try to post some pictures Friday so anyone interested can have a look and
tell me what they think a fair price is.

BTW, the guy had a Sunbeam Alpine he was restoring (cool) and the obligatory
'55 chevy (actually a pair, one almost complete.)  His welding and sheetmetal
repair look good, so what the heck!

Thanks,

Billy
'59 Bugeye
'69 TR6
3 x '72 TR6's (if you count the nice new frame)
'62 Mercury Monterey Commuter Wagon (much cooler than any SUV)
'97 Tahoe
'01 Gran Prix
'82 Toyota Pickup (sans engine)
'93 Toyota Pickup (installing rebuilt engine- my parts getter!)

They are coming to fence my backyard in tomorrow, lest my neighbors execute
me, or worse yet, start shooting at my cars!