Re: Victoria British

Subject: Re: Victoria British
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:08:29 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I knew someone would take "local grocer" literally.

I used that term as a figure of speech to refer to the numerous
independent vendors who probably have less than 10, and in some cases
less than 2!, employees, who have dirty hands as well as some personal
history involving British cars.

Geez, I can think of half a dozen anyway.

I mentioned ebay as a source for _parts manuals_, but since you bring it
up, I find ebay to be an almost bottomless source of NOS parts. Even my
buddy who runs GBS Spares here in North Haven, CT is amazed at what pops
up on ebay, and he regularly makes large buys of NOS inventories both
here and in England.

If you're happy with the Home Depots and WalMarts of the British car
hobby, great. Keep buying there. Do a lot of others "keep their car on
the road" by buying from them? They sure do. That's why they stay in
business.

As a little aside, as an owner of the new MINI and visitor to the
related MINI chat rooms, I smile when people on those boards complain
about their products and service. Mail-order morons.

But back to the point, I don't care one way or another where anyone buys
their parts except when it misleads newcomers to the hobby to think they
are "Thee Place" to get parts.

Peter C. at Worldwide Auto Parts http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport/
and Ed at http://www.justbrits.com not only have the knowledge, but the
honesty to tell me what I'm buying. (before I buy it.) They're my first
choices.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
Home of "The Innocenti Project"
61 Innocenti 950 Spyder
63 Pink Sprite MkII
74 RWA Midget 38,000 miles
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

PS I'll also never forgive Moss for buying up the excellent
British-based vendors in the eighties and neutering them as part of
their global business plan.

Dbcooper292@aol.com wrote:

So I for one don't want VB or Moss to disappear, no matter how much stuff I buy
locally or how many fits they give me.