RE: confession time

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, <Dbcooper292@aol.com>
Subject: RE: confession time
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:18:01 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Actually, my second 356 was a Roadster.  Great fun, but not quite as rigid
as a Spridget or MGB.  I really do prefer the coupes.  I found that I left
the top up, more often than not, because it prevented scuttle shake!!!
While I suspect that a 356B Roadster (basically, the classic Speedster with
roll-up windows and a taller windshield) with zero rust would not exhibit
scuttle shake, it is a tribute to Geoff Healey's and Syd Enever's
engineering talents that rusty Spridgets and MGBs are STILL surprisingly
rigid.
Bud Osbourne