RE: confession time

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: confession time
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:34:36 -0500
Cc: <Dbcooper292@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Funny how the least expensive, bottom of the line 356 has become the most
valuable, sought after of all 356s.  Top quality Speedsters are bringing
upwards of $50K, while a coupe, in comparable condition, will bring
$20K-$25K.  Seems the open-top 356s are the most valuable, even though the
Speedster was not a Porsche idea, at all and the cabriolet models were not
considered by Porsche to be the 356 to be the most technically advanced.
The Speedster was the brainchild of U.S. foreign car distributing magnate
Max Hoffman and was subsequently built with the USA market in mind.
Like I've been telling my Porsche friends, however: As far as maximum bang
for the buck, the Spridget is supreme.  They're practical (well, sort of),
reliable and riotous fun in which to attack tightly winding back-roads.
Bud Osbourne