Clutch Question

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Question
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:22:58 -0800
Ever since I finished the restoration on the Bugeye, the clutch has been
about the same.  You have to push it all the way in to completely
disengage the trans and it would "catch" somewhere near the end of the
release movement of the clutch pedal.  Recently (6000 Miles since new)
it has gotten worse.  It "catches" at almost the top of the movement
only.  I may be only sensitive to this because I also drive a Miata
every day too, but it seems to be so.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Just
curious.  Later this year I am converting to a Datsun 5/speed, but would
not like to transfer this problem to the new transmission and clutch.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2