Brain teaser

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brain teaser
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:52:16 -0800 (PST)
Interesting problem we were discussing at work spurred
by Jay's email on F150 vs. Mini crash tests:

A car hits an immovable wall at 40 MPH.

The same car hits its identical twin car, each going
40 MPH, head on.

Which collision is worse, and why?

Answer tomorrow.  First correct answer wins 2 broken
lift-the-dot fasteners and a rusty pitted lifter.

(apologies to a certain engineer out there for not
explaining the answer more clearly, although he came
around to it himself soon enough - I should never do
brain teasers after many beers and curling).

=====
Ron Soave

"But you don't really know me."
- Bruce Springsteen, after a fan screamed "We Love You, Bruce!"