Re: flaring tool

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: flaring tool
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:46:28 +0000
I have an Old Forge flaring tool and have made many a bubble flare by just
doing the first part of the double flare.
It's a very handy tool, now I make all my own brake, fuel, & vacuum lines.
Sometimes I cheat, buy a long bubble flared tube, cut it, slip off the metric
fitting, put on the appropriate fitting and you only need to flare one end,
saves some time. Great for custom work too, like adding fuel filters or multi
carb setups.
Make a few practice flares, and don't forget to put on the fitting first...