Siezed T-stat housing

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Siezed T-stat housing
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:13:08 -0500
Good Morning all,

I managed to get the stripped nut off the housing by dremmel and then
splitting it.  Anyways, after much cursing I managed to loosen the housing
off the head, but it looks like it is siezed inside the hole to the post.  I
can tell that the front post is free, but the rear passenger one (the one
with the stripped nut) is for sure rusted to the housing, and the driver
side rear one may be also.  I9ve tried lots of wiggling and except for
buggering my back I haven9t made much progress.

Well I generously lubricated with liquid wrench overnight and reapplied this
morning.  I plan on doing that for a while before trying again.

Anyways I thought I9d ask you folks what other options I have for breaking
the rust.  I really really don9t want to break those studs.  I thought about
dribbling some phosphoric acid rust remover down there but wanted to explore
other options before doing that.

Thanks as always,

Mike G
Chapel Hill, NC