Re: Replies, bandwidth, etc.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net on Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:19:11 -0500)
Subject: Re: Replies, bandwidth, etc.
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:09:48 -0700
>> a spridgets forum to http://www.team.net/the-local
>
> Well I went there, registered, and tried to post.

Hmm, what happened?  Once you log in and click on the 'Forum' button off
to the left, you should be presented with a page listing the available forums.
Clicking on the name of the forum you want should then get you a list of
topics in that forum.  And somewhere near the top should be a link that
says something like 'show post form' where one types in their message.

I can't give *exact* placement and wording, since the appearence of the page
can be customized by each individual user.  Once logged in, there should be a
'My Tiki' button, and from there once can set their preferences, check for
messages from other subscribers or send such messages, and do various other
things.  Choosing different themes on the preferences page will change the
color scheme, menu locations and style and such for each user.  The
preferences page is also where you can pick a flag to be displayed by your
name, in case you are wondering how I got the Lithuanian flag by my name in
my forum posts.

If folks do have trouble using the features of the wiki, you can send a
message to admin [ mytiki -> messages -> compose ] and eventually I'll get
around to reading it as part of the 10 - 15 hours per week I put in doing
team.net management and maintainence.

I certainly don't think that the wiki will replace any of the 100+ mailing
lists which have been working, for the most part, for a decade and a half
or so, but it does provide alternate resources which some folks will like
and some won't.

mjb.