Re: Vacuum Gauge - Why?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Gauge - Why?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:02:22 -0800
Yup!

Hot day, uphill, foot in the bucket, too much advance.  My eyes were on the
road at that moment but boost was in the neighborhood of 13lbs. when the
doodoo hit the fan.

End result:  Shattered the 'land' between the first and second compression
ring in several pieces.  The rings were OK, but the piston was toast!  The
pieces of piston fell away as the piston come out of the bore. #4 was the
worst, #3 had small cracks in the same area, others seemed OK.

   I dunno.....unless it's boosted then you
> really, really want to have one!!   Overboosing leads to
detonation...detonation