Re: Stirrin' up some s**t

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stirrin' up some s**t
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:20:23 -0600
> Okay....I need a reminder:  Why DID we invade Iraq?

Because nobody understood that Sadam was posturing like mad to save face.
After Gulf War I, he no longer had the resources to do squat, but he had
antagonized all of his neighbors to the point that, had they realized how
defenseless he was, they would have taken him out for us. In order to avoid
this, Sadam had to sound as if he was a global power. Unfortunately, he
bluffed so well that it backfired in his face (to mix the metaphors
thoroughly). Oops.
David Lieb