Re: Rear Brake Circlips

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Circlips
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 19:53:29 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Mar 8, 2004, at 6:49 PM, bill b. wrote:

> Aaaaaargh. 1969 Sprite. Replacing both rear wheel
> cylinders.

Bill,

They are a real PITA.  I've done these about 20 times, the first 8 or
10 times I fought with the supplied circlips.  They will go on.  I use
a set of locking needle nose pliers (vicegrips) and they eventually
slide into place.  A final tap with the blade of a heavy screwdriver
and they are seated in place.   I got tired of struggling with these
and finally decided to buy a supply of the "other style" circlips at my
local hardware store.... much easier to R&R.  I never use the
"Gaskets".

Kevin V.