accelerator carb link, 1500 SUs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: accelerator carb link, 1500 SUs
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:02:38 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Anybody have a spare of the proper end link for a pair of SUs on a 1500?
or a reasonable workaround? My throttle cable is just held on with a #10
screw and nut, and it binds near WOT.

I spent the afternoon with quality time with the Midget. I installed my
heat shield, and got the timing close to correct. She idles about
1000-1200rpm (lumpily),but she pops in the exhaust on idle. Installed a
few little things, like horns, an antenna in the hole in the rear wing,
connected up the heater control. Progress.

Swapped out the flasher, still no turn signals, and now I have no
headlights, and no wing markers up front. I suspect I have a bad earth
somewhere. Maybe the 25 year old Lucas connectors. When I do turn on the
headlights (second position on the switch), my left turn signal repeater
on the dash lights up. Weird. But I have new parts on order. So
hopefully I'll solve tis little inconvenience. :)

-=Chris