Re: Suzuki G13b swap int Spridget

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suzuki G13b swap int Spridget
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:20:44 EST
In a message dated 03/22/2004 10:44:24 AM Mountain Standard Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:
The EFI manifold extends 2"-3" above the cam cover. I have mounted the
engine as low down and as far back as possible and the bonnet clears the
front of the engine by about 1".  A custom oil pan will extend about 1 1/2 "
below the frame rails and will need a skid plate. Stock oil pan extends
about 3 1/2" below the frame rails.

Like I said, not a good choice.

Larry
Sounds like it would do well in a Morris Minor though.  They have a bit more
ground clearance and a taller bonnet.  I had thoughts of buying a Samuri or
Tracker to power one of the Minors I bought from Fisher Jones.  I think a 4WD
four-door Minor would be a cool car to leave at my place in PA to get around in
the snow.

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

... Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

-Author Unknown