dzus fasteners for bonnet

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: dzus fasteners for bonnet
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:01:37 -0800
Has anyone else out there with a forward tilting bonnet on their bugeye used
Dzus fasteners to hold down the bonnet?  Do they work out well?

I don't like the big bulky looking rubber strap/knob things or the straps, and
I really don't want to rig up a hidden latch and cable.  It looks like a 3/4"
Dzus at the back edge of the bonnet could attach to a plate replacing the rear
rubber bonnet buffer and do a good job without looking too obvious.  The next
owner(after I'm cold dead) would have just a 3/8" hole to weld shut.

Better (easier) suggestions?

Glen