Re: Engine/Gearbox Removal

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine/Gearbox Removal
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:25:49 +0100
Rob,
I have always done this unassisted with both 1500 and A-series engines.
It is even possible to do it unassisted and without any form of hoist, but
not recommended.
I have a small pulley system off an RSJ in the garage roof, but any form of
hired hoist will do.  It now takes me about 1 1/4 hours total to remove
engine & gearbox as a unit but I have done it that often I know exactly
where to disconnect, plus all of the fixings just spin off once they are
de-torqued.

Guy