RE: Engine/Gearbox Removal

To: "'Ron Corry'" <Corry@iol.ie>
Subject: RE: Engine/Gearbox Removal
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:38:57 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron,  I'm not sure what you mean.  You hang the engine and tranny both
from the "system" and they can be moved independently?  Like they are
not connected?  Or do you mean it is like a load rotor that lets you
move the engine/tranny up and down and adjust the tilt of the unit?  If
the first is true, why?  If the second is true, congratulations on
reinventing the load rotor, a $30 tool.  With my cherry picker and load
rotor I can R&R the bonnet on a bug-I without help, but it also lets me
R&R the engine/tranny without removing the bonnet, can you do that with
yours?
                Crash

(1) I welded a FIAT car jack to the top of the screw operated Cherry
Picker
I have, and attached a wire line to the jack's lifting arm. Drilled a
hole
in the end of the cherry picker, and stuck a Pulley in there. I attached

the front of the engine to the cherry picker and the gear-box to the
wire
line. I now could move the gear-box up or down independently of the
engine.
With this set up, I was able to replace the unit single-handed in no
time
at all.