Cherry Picker? (little LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:10:48 +0100
Several have mentioned using a Cherry Picker to remove an engine.
Are we talking the same thing?  It seems a rather an over-specified piece of
equipment for removing LBC engines!
To me a Cherry Picker is an industrial-type access machine which consists of a
platform or basket  on an extending hyraulic or electrically operated arm.
The basket typically takes one or two men and the 3-dimensional movement is
controlled from the basket by a control panel.  Large self propelled ones will
raise the basket to well over 100, or more (as used by fire services in some
areas) but even the small trailered ones will lift the platform to 25 feet
plus.
I guess it would do the job but it dosn't seem like the sort of equipment that
many people just have lying around the place.

Guy