Re: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 01:02:14 -0800 (PST)
the cherry picker they speak of is a small service crane, no taller
than an average man.

http://www.flightsimsetc.dhs.org/content/scenmacros/Enginehoist.jpg

if you got a farm and fleet nearby theyre pretty cheap, otherwise
autozone has em for around 250.  for that price you get one that folds
up and takes a foot print of about 2' x 3'

--- Guy Weller <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net> wrote:
> Several have mentioned using a Cherry Picker to remove an engine.
> Are we talking the same thing?  It seems a rather an over-specified
> piece of
> equipment for removing LBC engines!
> To me a Cherry Picker is an industrial-type access machine which
> consists of a
> platform or basket  on an extending hyraulic or electrically operated
> arm.
> The basket typically takes one or two men and the 3-dimensional
> movement is
> controlled from the basket by a control panel.  Large self propelled
> ones will
> raise the basket to well over 100, or more (as used by fire services
> in some
> areas) but even the small trailered ones will lift the platform to 25
> feet
> plus.
> I guess it would do the job but it dosn't seem like the sort of
> equipment that
> many people just have lying around the place.
>
> Guy

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net