Re: Header Wrap....

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header Wrap....
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:11:27 -0500
> In the UK DIY and plumbers' merchants sell squares of a woven fabric
> material to use as a heat shield when doing soldered pipe joints. I have a
> piece about a foot square and it is amazingly good at controlling heat
> transfer.  I think this could be very easily cut and glued or riveted to
the
> underside of the standard metal heat shield.

We have this on our side of the pond as well. I bolted a chunk of this stuff
to the underside of my heat shield after a Missouri Endurance Rally that was
boiling everything under the bonnet. Never drove it again in conditions that
hot, so it is hard to tell if it made a significant difference.
David Lieb