Re: Header Wrap....

To: Mjsprite@aol.com
Subject: Re: Header Wrap....
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:07:09 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mjsprite@aol.com wrote:

> I want to apologize to the list for the tone of my response regarding header
> wrap and using sideing to insulate the carbs from the exhaust. Made me sound
> like a real jerk.

No offense taken here. My siding idea was because I did it once and I
happened to have a shingle handy.
I have also used heavy house (pole to meter) electric wire for battery
cables. Because I has a few feet hanging around.
And chrome towel bars for nerf bars, looked cool just don't bump
anything with them ;)
Chromed brass sink trap drain pipe makes a nice chrome tailpipe tip too.
And it won't rust. Why? because I had a piece hanging around and I tried
it and it fit. Just take the nut off so it doesn't look like a sink drain.
I tend to look at everything and I ask myself if it has a use in the
garage or on a car. Hey, gutter spikes make nice holders for all those
rolls of tape in the garage. And the gutter furrels are perfect on
Spridget air filter housings when you can't find the originals.
If it works, do it. Even if it's a temporary fix, sometimes it is an
improvment.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ