Watkins Glen

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, MG-V8@autox.team.net
Subject: Watkins Glen
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:18:10 -0400
More on this autumn's festivities!  Read on:

Message: 1
  Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:48:18 EST
  From: MGRacer53@aol.com
Subject: Collier Cup 2004 MG's

To:   All MG Racers

Shooting  for  100 MG's

  The MGVR list of MG racers "Planning to Race in the Collier Cup" at
Watkins Glen in September is now up to 96. (The list is below)  We are trying
to hit
the century mark soon, and need a few more MG racers to make it.  Again, this
is just a "survey by MGVR" and not a commitment on anyone's part. (the
"official list" will be the list of entries received by SVRA.  SVRA is
accepting
entries now, but has not released any list yet)
   Some of the regular MG racers to our MGVR "Focus Events" have not
responded yet to our CC04 survey, and some MG racers don't get this e-mail
distribution, and therefore have not responded.  If you are "planning" to race
at CC04 -
or know some MG racer who is "planning" to race there - PLEASE let me know,
so we can make the 100 MG race mark, and spread the word.  We are going where
no MG race has ever gone before!!
  The weekend is slowly firming up to be the MG race weekend you can't miss,
and probably will never see again!  Some new  but "unofficial" items as of
now, for CC04 include; the Collier's MG's Leonidis (which race at LeMans) and
their K-3 being there; rollout of a new annual "Bill Parish" memorial MG award
will be announced soon (details being worked out now);  there will be a MGVR
wreath laying at the Collier memorial on the original street course; MGVR will
have its own poster produced for the event and every MG racer will be given a
complimentary one; MGVR car badges are being made for the event (sorry, they
aren't free); and most important, LOTS of MG's will be racing there (concessus
is 120 or more MG's are expected to be there, of ALL TYPES and YEARS)
  Also, watch you mail boxes for some Watkins Glen area vacation literature
to arrive soon.  Dick Powers, CC04 MGVR coordinator, is arranging for the
literature to be sent to all MGVR members.  If you've never been to Watkins
Glen,
it is a great vacation area.
  So, COME ON, lets break the 100 MG mark!!!   The list I have so far is
below - is YOUR NAME ON IT?   We need a few more MG racers responding to hit
that
100 mark!