Re: Auto Accident Hits Too Close to Home

Subject: Re: Auto Accident Hits Too Close to Home
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:31:59 -0500
Cc: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
"Brashear, Jack, N" wrote:

> Hi All, we of the British Motoring Club of Arkansas lost a friend and
> very effective club member Monday afternoon. He was in his TR7
> convertible stopped in traffic in an Interstate Highway repair work zone
> when he was rear-ended by an inattentive driver.  He was dead at the
> scene.  People, we all know that our LBC's aren't as big as most of the
> herds of today's SUVs, so please be careful and watch your backsides
> too.
>
> Jack

Please pass my condolences on to the family for me.
I can sympathize with this particular situation. Last year, on my way home from
the Pate Swap meet, I had a similar situation. I was in the 356 kit car, and in
the fast lane at sometime around 5 pm. Traffic was flowing good, and I was going
south through Ft. Worth, on 35W getting close to I20. All of a sudden, traffic
just stopped. I knew that the drum brakes were not going to be enough to stop
me, so I took to the inside shoulder by the jersey wall. I stopped right next to
the car I almost rear ended, and looked over at the car. Right then I heard a
squeal and a crash, and the car next to me lurched forward. The car that had
been behind me, rammed the car I just swerved around. Had I not moved, I would
have been between them, in a fiberglass toy. Thank the Lord I didn't trust the
brakes and moved over.

Brad