Re: Parts Washer

To: rbc43@starband.net
Subject: Re: Parts Washer
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:51:19 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I went with the parts washing fluid from Advance Auto. I built my own
from a stainless sink bowl (dented or used ones come cheap) and a parts
cleaner pump from Northern Hydraulic. Ran the typical sink drain through
a hole in a 5gal pail lid and dropped the pump in the bottom of the
pail. Filled with the cleaner and bingo. Put a hinged plywood top over
it built in to one end of the work bench. The fluid is a little stinky,
so I don't use it when the clean clothes are in the dryer, you shouldn't
have to ask how I came to that conclusion.

Dave & Bobbie

1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1967 AH3000 "Not in Bits"
Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix (See link below)
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com