Re: Parts Washer

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Washer
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:00:21 -0400
Cc: rbc43@starband.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
On Apr 9, 2004, at 10:51 PM, Dave Carpenter wrote:

> I went with the parts washing fluid from Advance Auto. I built my own
> from a stainless sink bowl (dented or used ones come cheap) and a
> parts cleaner pump from Northern Hydraulic. Ran the typical sink drain
> through a hole in a 5gal pail lid and dropped the pump in the bottom
> of the pail. Filled with the cleaner and bingo.

Dave,

I built my own too.  I used a utility sink.  (The deep plastic type
that comes with it's own legs - about 30 bucks at any home center).
Five gallon bucket with a piece of perf steel  set on 2 bricks in the
bottom to keep the pump out of the sludge.  It works great!  I use #2
fuel oil.

Kevin V.