body roll?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: body roll?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:42:55 EDT
Was out taking a ride on the back roads with my son in the 69 midget. I
hadn't really pushed this car before giving it to him. Went around a curve, not
all
that fast, and I could feel this really hard body roll, followed a second
later by the back end breaking loose.

Couple of missed heart beats later, things back in control. True the road was
loose dirt, but this was much worse than I had ever experienced before.

So what is the deal here? Bad shocks? weak springs?

David Oliner

PS my son is working at Vassar College, and for a while, we had switched cars
and he was driving a Bugeye. So this "old guy" comes up to him in the parking
lot and starts telling him how he had one before he got married, yada, yada,
yada. So at the end of it my son introduces himself to the old guy as the
Assistant Squash Coach, and the guy introduces himself as the Dean of the
College.