Re: tonneau bow?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tonneau bow?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:21:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/04 10:26:48 AM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Bugeyes never had a tonneau rail and the original Bugeye tonneaus
> attached to the standard top fitting hardware. The so-called short
> tonneaus were aftermarket. I never understood the logic behind them,
> especially since they require drilling additional holes in the deck.

Got to disagree with you on this one, Jay.   Both our 60 Bugeyes had a row of
Lift the dots at the edge of the passenger compartment and a short top--right
from the showroom.   Don't know much about the longer ones that fit to the
top mounting brackets, but I'd think they'd need a tonneau rail to fit the
brackets in a similar manner to the top.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"