Re: tonneau bow?

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: tonneau bow?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:47:41 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net information
I have an original tonneau that came with my '60 Bugeye that I bought
in 1968. It is the "long version" with the two flaps with Tennax
fasteners. My cockpit had the studs mounted behind the seats as well
and I always thought this was period correct. It's red and matched
the original interior of the Neveda Beige/red color combo. Since the
car was an "ancient" 8 years old at the time, I don't know positively
if it was delivered from the factory or dealer that way or was added
later.

Gerard

At 11:21 PM -0400 5/26/04, Ankitterer@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/25/04 10:26:48 AM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
>>  Bugeyes never had a tonneau rail and the original Bugeye tonneaus
>>  attached to the standard top fitting hardware. The so-called short
>>  tonneaus were aftermarket. I never understood the logic behind them,
>>  especially since they require drilling additional holes in the deck.
>

>Got to disagree with you on this one, Jay.   Both our 60 Bugeyes had a row of
>Lift the dots at the edge of the passenger compartment and a short top--right
>from the showroom.   Don't know much about the longer ones that fit to the
>top mounting brackets, but I'd think they'd need a tonneau rail to fit the
>brackets in a similar manner to the top.
>
>Annice & Bob
>1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"